We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and professional Events manager and Promotions Manager!
Have you got a passion for nightlife and events? This could be the job for you!
An Events Manager & Promotions Manager has two main responsibilities:
1) Local-level promotion
You are responsible for making the people in your city aware of ILoveSN. A major aspect of this is flyer and poster distribution as well as using social media and email marketing. You will establish a network of promotional staff within your city to help you as well as develop links with Universities, shops, bars and local businesses.
2) Managing events on the night
You will be expected to ensure a smooth and efficient running on the night of the event.
This includes setting up the venue and managing promotional staff.
An Events Manager and Promotions Manager must be able to work independently as well as being able to liaise with our Head of Events, Venue management and Head office.
Other responsibilities of the Events & Promotions Manager will include:
– Developing business opportunities by building close relationships with student organisations, societies and sports teams whilst maintaining existing relationships.
– Drive sales through group bookings and private events.
– Working alongside the marketing department to create a variety of ongoing promotional activities to increase revenue.
– Responding to online, phone and face-to-face enquiries.
– Organising and conducting meetings for general business development
– Managing all reservations and events including processing function sheets and communicating with relevant departments.
The ideal candidate should:
– Have previous experience in a similar role within the events, hospitality or another relevant industry. (let us know what you’ve done before!)
- Be a recent University graduate.
– A positive, fun, friendly and professional attitude. You’ll be talking to people constantly and be the face of our Event Operations.
– Have strong negotiating skills
– Be conﬁdent in up-selling
– Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
Salary will be £12 per hour + commission split of events